Gosh, if you’re in Sydney you will be experiencing the most apocalyptic weather we have seen in a while. You see, if it rains, Sydney comes to a grinding halt, so you can imagine what weather like this, is doing to the
sunny state. It’s chaotic! And you know what that calls for? A coffee and a slice of cake! Well, in this case, you can skip the coffee and just head straight for the cake.
Today, I share my recipe for a Coffee Cardamom Cake topped with Pistachio Cream. Here’s hoping you’re rugged up in front of the TV, catching up on the Real Housewives. Until then, stay safe. Enjoy! MC
[the food] You’ll need:[/the food]
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
Two shots of Nespresso Limited Edition Monsoon Malabar Coffee (or similar)
10 cardamom pods with the shell removed and ground up
2 1/2 cups of flour
250 mls of thickened cream (I like the Aldi brand, it whips faster!)
1 tbs of ground Wonderful Pistachios
1/2 cup of Wonderful Pistachios to top the cake
[the food]The Recipe![/the food]
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 23cm round tin!
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy and they have changed to a white colour
- Add each egg one at a time, until combined
- Add the coffee, add the ground cardamom, mix until combined and then gently fold in flour
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake is springy to touch
- Whip cream with ground pistachios until thick
- Top the cake with the thickened cream and scatter whole pistachios! Enjoy!