After a fun filled evening of room service (click here to read about that Club Sandwich!) and a movie marathon in my room, the next day we wanted to get out. See our city! Enjoy the view! Take it all in! And really, there’s nothing more exciting than playing tourist in the city your grew up in. You start to see everything in a new light. And what a beautiful city it is. (Even better that we both had the most amazing view, just outside our window!) With Circular Quay and The Rocks, quite literally a stones throw away, there was plenty to do.
But first, one can’t explore, without breakfast? I’m not talking your standard hotel fare either. Well, there were plenty of pastries and hot food to choose from, but we made a beeline straight for the freshly made waffles. Topped with bacon and a good slurp of maple syrup and we were in culinary heaven. That’s right, there’s a Chef in the kitchen at the ready to whip up you up a hot breaky. Heaven, I tell you!
HEAVEN, I TELL YOU!
Outside, unfortunately for us. the weather was a bit drab, but that didn’t stop us from walking all the back streets and checking out The Rocks. After checking out an exhibition at the MCA, we headed to the Fine Food Store for lunch. After chatting away, we decided to do a quick wander around to nab some pictures of the harbour bridge. (Well, we were playing tourist!) And as luck had it, The Rocks market was on too, alas a second lunch would have been too much, so we just checked out the produce on display.
For dinner, we headed to the hotel’s restaurant Icons Brasserie for a seafood buffet($69/pp). Oysters, sashimi, balmain bugs, soft shell crab, prawns…and my favourite, lobster! (Just $35 cold or grilled!) Since I wasn’t planning on planting a big sloppy one on Lipstick&Cake, we both went for the garlic butter. Bliss. We were absolutely spoilt.
WE WERE ABSOLUTELY SPOILT.
The worst part about our mini #GirlsOnTour staycation in the city? Leaving! After a delicious breakfast in my room, checking out was even easier than checking in. I just checked out on the Mobile Marriott app on my phone, left the key in the room, and (begrudgingly) closed the door on my #girlsontour staycation. Til next time! To read part one of my review on the Sydney Harbour Marriott, click here. And to check out Steph’s story on our #girlsontour staycation, click here. MC
[the food] 6 things to do in Sydney [/the food]
- After a hearty breakfast at The Sydney Harbour Marriott, head to the Museum of Contemporary Art to check out their latest exhibition
- Stop for lunch at The Fine Food Store. Make sure you try their Salted Caramel or Vanilla Panna Cotta Milkshake!
- Take a walk along the harbour around the Sydney Harbour Bridge. You’ll get a great view (and if it’s good weather, sit on the nearby lawn and people watch!)
- Check out The Rocks Markets (open friday, sat, sun). Join the queues and grab a piping hot gozleme straight off the grill!
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink at Opera Bar, at the Opera House and watch the sun set over the harbour bridge. This is still my number one thing to do with family and friends from out of town!
- Head back to The Marriott and try the Lobster special at Icons Brasserie!
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DETAILS,
To find out more about The Sydney Harbour Marriott, click here.
30 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
(02) 9259 7000
Disclosure: This experience (meals, accommodation and transfer) was complimentary.